There is nothing more frustrating for Access users than a corrupt database. Some third-party software that can help you repair your Access database and retrieve data, but its success depends on how structured and organised the database really is. More often, professionals need to rebuild the database and re-enter all the data. Unfortunately, repairing the database is a time-consuming and tedious process. The time and effort required is directly proportional to the extent of corruption. It could be just a single report or the entire database. In addition to corrupted files, the upgrade and revamping of the database as the business grows requires a lot of work.
MS Access is an ideal platform for:
- creating a small and portable database,
- data entry, and
- simple reports where data sets are too large for Excel spreadsheets.
Microsoft Access (if used in a disciplined way) performs quite well and has its place in most organisations. If used correctly, Access rarely is a victim to corruption; unfortunately, most users don’t use it correctly.
Common reasons that corrupt the Access database.
- Power failure: Unwanted power failure while accessing the database can damage or corrupt the files.
- Hardware failure: Faulty network devices like network interface cards, routers, hubs and cables and/or hard disks with bad sectors are likely to damage part of Access database.
- Virus and malware: Unless you have high-quality security software for your Accesses database system, you are likely to have to deal with a corrupt database.
- Incorrect usage: Another common reason why the database can get corrupted is when users shut down or exit Access incorrectly.
Common signs that your organisation has outgrown MS Access are:
- Frequent database failure,
- lost data,
- frustrated users, and
- reduced staff productivity.
Your business reaches a threshold when the cost of ownership is largely determined by the maintenance and repair costs. If this sounds familiar, it’s time to shop for a more enhanced solution. Instead of investing effort and money in an ageing MS Access application, check out some out-of-box features offered by Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
Why Choose Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
The modern businesses wish to use technologies that are scalable and have the ability to grow with the company. MS Access unfortunately lacks scalability. Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a scalable solution, plus you can tailor the solution to suit your unique business requirements.
Businesses can leverage the benefits of data analytics and workflow automation with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Your contacts, leads and sales data in MS Access can be easily copied, removed or deleted. With Microsoft Dynamics CRM your data receives better security. You also have the ability to set user level permissions and apply function-based security restrictions to better protect your contact and lead information accessibility.
The ease with which data is translated from Access to Dynamics CRM is one of the main reasons why Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online is the chosen technology for Access users.
For more details on how to move to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, call us on 1300 797 888 to speak to one of our consultants.
Blog Update: In November 2016 Microsoft launched Dynamics 365. This is a platform that unifies CRM and ERP capabilities into applications that work seamlessly across different business divisions. Customers wishing to migrate to Microsoft Dynamics CRM can take advantage of the latest features and functionalities offered by Dynamics 365.