On 7 June 2022, Microsoft unveiled their new flagship computer, the Surface Laptop Go 2. It is a follow-up to 2020’s Surface Laptop Go and features numerous improvements over its predecessor.
If you’re currently in the market for a new laptop, here’s everything you need to know about the new Microsoft device.
What are the specifications?
The Surface Laptop Go 2 has a starting price of $1,099 and is available in four colours: Platinum, Sage, Ice Blue, and Sandstone. Under the hood, the Surface Laptop Go 2 features the following hardware:
- Display: 12.4-inch touchscreen display with 1536×1024 resolution (148 PPI)
- Memory: 4/8/16 GB RAM
- Processor: Quad-core Intel Core i5-1134G7 (4.2 GHz)
- Graphics: Intel Iris Xe
- Storage: 128/256 GB Removable SSD
- Battery life: 13.5 hours for a full charge
- Camera: 720p HD front-facing camera
- Audio and microphone: Omnisonic speakers and dual far-field studio microphones
- Connections: USB-C, USB-A, 3.5 mm headphone jack, Surface Connect port
How is the Surface Laptop Go 2 optimised for the modern workforce?
Considering that today’s workforce is more mobile and digital than ever, it’s crucial to have a versatile device that can keep up with the modern user’s needs.
The Surface Laptop Go 2 is just that device. It’s ultra-portable and lightweight, so you can take it with you wherever you go. Its long battery life lets you stay productive all day long. If you often participate in virtual meetings, the laptop’s HD front-facing camera and omnisonic speakers will ensure that other participants will see and hear you more clearly.
Furthermore, the Surface Laptop Go 2 also has a fast quad-core processor that allows you to run demanding workloads and multiple processes simultaneously. Plus, it has replaceable storage and RAM, a great feature for businesses that want to future-proof their investment.
Moreover, the Surface Laptop Go 2 comes preinstalled with Windows 11 — the latest and most fantastic operating system (OS) from Microsoft. Windows 11 is optimised for the modern workforce with its new features and improvements, such as the streamlined Start menu, multiple desktops, and enhanced security. The OS is also tightly integrated with Microsoft 365 cloud services. This gives you access to your files and apps from any location to stay productive even on the go.
What accessories are designed for the Surface Laptop Go 2?
The Surface has a wide array of accessories available to improve your productivity and workflow further. For the Surface Laptop Go 2, there are several notable accessories:
- Surface Pen – It’s a digital pen that allows you to write quickly, draw, and annotate. It’s pressure-sensitive to create fine lines or thick strokes and has tilt support for shading.
- Surface Arc Mouse – This is a compact and portable mouse that’s optimised for Windows 11. It has a slim, ergonomic design and connects wirelessly to your computer.
- Surface Adaptive Kit – This set of stick-on tactile tools makes your tech easier to use and more accessible.
- Surface Dock – With this docking station, you can connect multiple devices to your Surface Laptop Go 2, including an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
Is the Surface Laptop Go 2 secure?
With great portability comes a greater need for security. Fortunately, the Surface Laptop Go 2 has you covered with powerful built-in security features. The laptop comes with a trusted platform module 2.0 chip that encrypts your data. It runs the machine’s security functions like Windows Hello sign-in. Also, the Surface Laptop Go 2 also has a fingerprint power button that allows you to quickly and securely sign in with just a touch.
Additionally, the laptop is compatible with the Microsoft Endpoint Manager platform. This lets you remotely manage your laptop’s security configurations and roll out updates consistent with your company’s standards. You can even enable extra safeguards like data encryption and multifactor authentication.
Contact Empower IT today if you want to learn more about the Surface Laptop Go 2 or any other Surface devices. As a leading managed IT services provider in Australia, we’ll help you find the suitable machine for your company’s needs and budget.