Last year we witnessed one of the biggest technology acquisitions when Microsoft acquired LinkedIn for $26.2 billion. The LinkedIn acquisition was a big move for Microsoft; and the technology giant has finally capitalised on this investment by integrating LinkedIn with their leading Dynamics 365 platform; offering their Dynamics customer-base easy access to LinkedIn’s database consisting of over 500 million professionals.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator Integration for Dynamics 365 for Sales
One of the ways Microsoft is allowing salespeople to access LinkedIn data is via the LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration with Dynamics 365 for Sales. With the LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration with Dynamics 365 for Sales; organisations will be able to empower their sales teams by improving the performance of their sales processes. This integration will allow salespeople to
- View Sales Navigator person and company information on every Dynamics 365 lead, contact, account or opportunity page.
- Receive timely and accurate information on a lead’s social activity.
- Automatically perform daily updates between the systems so that sales reps can view the Dynamics 365 leads in Sales Navigator and vice versa.
- Perform the LinkedIn interactions such as viewing a profile data, sending connection request or writing messages and InMails from within Dynamics 365.
The combined LinkedIn Sales Navigator+Dynamics 365 for Sales is marketed Microsoft Relationship Sales Solution. This solution is a must have for organisations; who deal with B2B sales and use Dynamics 365 for managing their leads and sales activities.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Connector for LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms
For marketing and lead generation professionals; Microsoft is offering a Dynamics 365 Connector for LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms. This connector will allow users to automatically sync leads captured on LinkedIn with the Dynamics 365 platform; for marketing and sales teams to develop and nurture them.
With the Dynamics 365 connector for LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms; users will be able to:
- Set up the Dynamics 365 organisational account to bring leads from campaigns run by multiple employees by using their LinkedIn member profiles
- Configure how the lead submissions are captured on LinkedIn and/or updated on Dynamics 365
- Track and analyse the performance if leads captured on LinkedIn versus leads captured from other sources.
On the whole this connector will help organisations; leverage their employee’s connections to target influencers and decision makers while pursuing leads and opportunities. However, it is important to note that this connector is only useful for marketing and sales representatives who use the Lead Gen Forms capability of LinkedIn to capture leads.
Since the cost of acquiring new customers is higher than that of nurturing and retaining existing customers; organisations are likely to benefit from the Dynamics 365 and LinkedIn integration. Through the Dynamics 365 and LinkedIn integration; organisations can not only acquire new leads but also track existing customer’s activities, understand their changing needs to identify additional opportunities. They can develop meaningful relationships with their existing clients and use this relationship to pursue new leads.
The new combined Microsoft Relationship Sales Solution will be available from 1st July 2017 starting at about $135 per seat per month before volume discounts. The Dynamics 365 Connector for LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms will be available as a standalone solution for Dynamics 365 for Sales which can be downloaded for AppSource. For organisations using Dynamics 365 for Marketing; this connector comes bundled by default (Business edition users).
For more information on the LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Dynamics 365 integration and/or the Dynamics 365 Connector for LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms; contact our team.