Microsoft has combined their best-in-class Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and business intelligence solutions into one unified cloud-based offering called Dynamics 365. Known as the next generation of intelligent business applications in the cloud; one of the key benefits of Dynamics 365 is its familiar user interface which allows users to access all the Dynamics 365 apps from one location.
Microsoft offers tight integration between Dynamics 365 and Office 365 making it easier to navigate between email and business applications. Microsoft Dynamics 365 in conjunction with Office 365 offers businesses with the opportunity to move their day-to-day business operations to Microsoft Azure increasing flexibility and scalability.
Common Data Model
To simplify data management and integration with other apps and business processes; Dynamics 365 apps is using a common data model shared with Office 365. This allows developers to compose and develop new business applications on a consistent business platform. It also makes it easier to transfer applications between enterprises, with minimum complication. In addition, Dynamics 365 also offer connectors that let businesses integrate existing applications and services with custom APIs and on-premises systems.
Dynamics 365 delivers purpose-built applications to help manage specific business applications for:
- customer service,
- operations (Microsoft AX),
- marketing (in partnership with Adobe),
- field service, and
- project service automation.
Microsoft Power BI, Cortana intelligence and Azure machine learning are built in to Dynamics 365 to provide insights and intelligence. Businesses interested in additional functionalities can browse and purchase the apps available in Microsoft AppSource. At launch, the AppSource reportedly contains more than 200 business apps, add-ons, and content packs from Microsoft and their partners.
Dynamics 365 is available in two editions
- Business edition: Dynamics 365 business edition is best suited for organisations with 10-250 users. It is supposedly the evolution of Project Madeira; the cloud-based CRM+ERP. It includes three core modules namely Financial, Sales and Marketing
- Enterprise edition: Dynamics 365 enterprise edition is optimised for businesses with over 250 users and is the combination of Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM. This includes six core modules – Operations (Dynamics AX), Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service and Project Service.
Benefits of Dynamics 365
Dynamics 365 provides a modern user experience with built-in intelligence and analytics. This facilitates organisations to:
- Start with the apps they need and add on as their business or requirements increase.
- Empower their employees with the productivity tools to perform better.
- Take advantage of big data and advanced analytics to make effective data-driven decisions.
- Re-engineer their business processes with a flexible and agile platform.
Microsoft is helping business users accelerate their digital transformation journey by encouraging innovation and increasing collaboration. Dynamics 365 provides great potential to streamline individual line-of-business as each module solves real problems in specific business division. By combining the modules Dynamics 365 offers organisations the power and possibility to transform their business.
If you are eager to take advantage of Dynamics 365, let us help you choose your plan. Contact Empower IT Solutions for a demo or proof-of-concept. Call us on 1300 797 888 for a confidential discussion.