WentWest implements document taxonomy, authoring and approvals; automates document versioning and numbering with Empower IT Solutions quality document management system.
- Increased productivity for the quality department staff
- Stringent security around document approvals
- Robust document indexing allowing staff to instantly find a document
- Replacement of aging custom developed document management system
- Implementation of basic authoring and approval workflow for Quality Document
WentWest has been focused on providing better health care in our community since 2002. They provide these services both as a Regional Training Provider and as a Primary Health Network. WentWest connects health services to meet local needs and strives for better health outcomes for western Sydney and do this in partnership with doctors, allied health professionals, the local health district and many others.
WentWest was using an internal legacy system called FlowBiz to manage quality documents (changes, versioning etc). This software had reached its limits and was inadequate to meet the growing business requirements that included but were not limited to implementing the document taxonomy, authoring and approvals, automating document versioning and numbering and configuring search capability.
Empower IT recommended replacing the aging document management software with Microsoft SharePoint that had the added benefit of becoming the company’s corporate intranet and contact directory.
Empower IT migrated the documents over to Microsoft SharePoint as a secure platform for providing enterprise document management, records management, workflows and collaboration. The following activities were carried out:
- Implementation of the required document taxonomy that allowed for an enhanced search experience.
- Implementation of automated document numbering and versioning.
- Migration of Quality Document Management documents with taxonomy metadata.
- Configuration and testing of SharePoint Search service.
- Implementation of basic authoring and approval workflow for Quality Document Management.
Microsoft SharePoint in use
The Quality Documents Management System was developed to provide a secure platform for enterprise document management, records management, workflows and team collaboration.
WentWest is now equipped with a:
- Robust Document Storage System: All documents are stored in an SQL database providing stronger security and management functions.
- Automated Document Numbering System: All documents are given a unique number across the organisation. This number followed a specific convention as defined by the WentWest Quality team.
- Automated Document Version Control: Documents needed to have a version history that identifies the date a document was changed along with details of the modifier.
- Stringent Document Permissions: As the documents are likely to contain sensitive information, strict security parameters were configured. As a result access and permission levels were granted as per the user role and departmental function.
- Enhanced Search Functionality: With the improved search functionality implemented within the solution, users are now able to locate documents quickly and easily.
Solution backed by a technology giant
The Quality Document Management System was developed using Microsoft SharePoint as the core technology.
Although the Quality Documents Management System has been developed with various internal workflows that are specifically designed to cater to the requirements of the quality team, this system can be useful for many other business divisions. Empower IT can customise a QDM system to suit individual requirements.
To know more about the Quality Documents Management System, or schedule a demo, call the Empower IT Solutions team today at 1300 797 888.